21 May 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy: Commercials

Over at Geneabloggers they provide blogging prompts. This one 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants.

This one was quite easy for me because as soon as I read it the Shake-n-Vac jingle popped right back into my head....you know
You do the shake n vac
and put the fresheness back
Oh you do the shake n vac
and put the freshness back
I used to do the dance along with it too! Yes I know.

Shake n Vac even has an entry on Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake_'n'_Vac

A quick search on YouTube brings up the advert for those of you who haven't got a clue what I'm on about:



You can still purchase Shake n Vac now, and indeed I have some of my very own under the sink so now I can shake n vac and put the freshness back.

Brilliant, but I do wish that Jedward had stayed the hell away from it!