3 Oct 2010

Reflective Sunday

This weekend has been a little manic to say the least. Saturday was a day of rugby as the season is well and truly under way. Luckily we won so that put me in a good mood. Sunday, well I had two things I had to do the first was get tickets for Glastonbury, and after TWO HOURS of trying I got through and got them *does a happy dance around the room*. The other was going along to Rob's Grand-Uncle's 90th Birthday lunch.


There were about 20 people at this get together and they were all related and all interested in their genealogy. It made me quite jealous really that they are all interested in it and that there are three or four people investigating their family heritage. I feel like its only really my dad that's interested fully in what I'm doing and that it's just my "odd" interest that people nod along to when I'm discussing it with them, but don't really take much notice. 


So with that in mind I've spent most of last week trying to re-vamp my website which can be found at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~daviesofmold/ as I don't really like the look of how it is now and I've not updated it since around 2007 (I know I'm very bad).


I'm also wondering if I were to organise a family get-together how difficult it would be to find (a) a room big enough and (b) all the contact addresses for those living members of the family where I could go round with beer / wine / spirits in one hand and a tape recorder in the other & quiz them about what they know.... hmmm seriously would it work?


Other than the website I haven't really been able to add much this week. Hopefully next week will be better and I'll have bit more to write about.


Also - any comments about the website greatly appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. I like your website - seems quite easy to navigate. I especially love your pictures section. How wonderful that you are able to have these old photos...

    ReplyDelete