21 Nov 2010

Discipline; does any one have any to lend me?

Well I'm back in the home land, spending a week at the parents & catching up with various family members, grave yards and of course my impending trip to the Record Office.


As it is I've got 104 things to photograph / look up from the microfilms of parish registers, plus a couple of graves thanks to my brother being lovely and agreeing to drive me to the Cemetery. I still need to work out how I'm going to get to the Record Office on Wednesday as I don't have a car any more. In London I don't need one, the transport links are brilliant and I'm very used to a train coming along every 3 minutes!!


My problem is that I am easily distracted by my ancestry, at the start of this week I said to myself "Go down the direct line so you get the most out of your visit to the Archives" ... except I found families of cousins on the Census returns that needed to be added and their children had their own families and on and on it goes.


Discipline is what I need! That's what I'm going to try to do today and tomorrow (unless the rents have other plans for me; which to be fair is highly likely!). I need to concentrate on the DARLINGTON and DUCKWORTH line as I know they have strong routes in Hawarden, Flintshire and as the Archives are next to St. Deninol's Church (The Mother Church) and its associated graveyard I really need to pray for decent weather and luck around the graveyard finding any stones associated with the family.


I am also planning to go to Mold Library as they have a good collection of Parish Transcripts, transcribed by Clwyd Family History Society that should help me.


Back to the grindstone I go