13 Jul 2011

31 Weeks of Genealogy - Week 2

Tonia Kendrick, over at Tonia’s Roots has started of a blogging series entitled ‘31 Weeks of Better Genealogy Blogging’. It’s Week 2 and the challenge is to write a 'List Posts' blog. 


I've decided to share with you 'My Top 5 Most Wanted Birth Certificates' and the reason's why.

1.       Isaac DAVIES; 1874 Q3 Holywell,11b 269

Isaac is my great great grand uncle. I want his birth certificate so I can further confirm the maiden name of his mother.  My great great grandfather is John DAVIES. John was born in about 1867; there are three possible GRO entries for John DAVIES in 1867 alone. I have already ordered and received one of his other brother’s birth certicates but the mother’s maiden name isn’t very clear. It is most likely to be OLDFIELD but I want to make sure.

2.       William WRIGHT; 1874 Q1 Holywell,11b 271

William is my great great grandfather on my maternal side. I believe that his parents were George WRIGHT and Elizabeth SHONE but would like the certificate to prove this link.

3.       Grace Mildon WYATT; 1851 Q2 G Boughton,19 65

Grace is my great great great grandmother on my maternal side. I have her birth date from her baptism record; 12 March 1851. The baptism records at St. Deiniol’s, Hawarden give the mother’s maiden name as CHALINOR, however it is spelt a variety of ways so I would like some greater clarification from the certificate.

4.       Anne ROBERTS; 1900 Q1 Ruthin,11b 288

Anne is my great grandmother, she was born on 20 January 1900 and I knew her. Unbelievably I do not have her birth certificate. Her parents were William ROBERTS and Jane Elizabeth DAVIES but I would like confirmation of this.

5.       William ROBERTS; 1859 Q3 St. Asaph,11b 366

William is my great great grandfather (Anne’s father). I have the birthdate of 25 September 1859 but this was found when I first started my research and I’ve not noted down where it’s come from. I can only assume that it was in the papers my grandmother let me look through.



1 comment:

  1. Great use of a list post, Carole! You are so lucky to be able to get birth certificates that far back. Most of my ancestors lived in areas where birth certificates only became available in the 1920s.

    ReplyDelete